At Crafers Primary School we pride ourselves on the strong sense of community that we have fostered. We always welcome new families into our school community.
How to get involved in the Crafers Community
There are many ways that parents and carers can get involved in the school community. The best way is to volunteer in an area that matches your interests, skills and availability.
There are many volunteering options. Some suggestions include:
- Working in the canteen or uniform shop
- Transporting students to out of school events or helping with excursions
- Supporting learning and reading assistance programs in the classroom
- Joining a school committee, e.g. fundraising or facilities
- Joining school governing council
- Helping in the library
- Participating in working bees
- Running a Children’s University program
Requirements for volunteers
To volunteer at the school you must first obtain a police clearance and complete RAN training: Responding to Abuse and Neglect.
If you are a volunteer, you can expect an induction that covers the basics of your role and working environment, such as :
- Responsibilities and tasks
- Health and safety
- Behavior management procedures
Ask us how you can get involved
If you would like to find out more about ways to get involved in the school community please contact the Principal, your child’s teacher, or a member of the Governing Council. Your offer to take an active role in the school community will be warmly welcomed.